Huge congratulations to Rupert Wallis on the publication of his debut novel, THE DARK INSIDE.
As part of Simon & Schuster’s blog week, today Rupert will talk about his experience of the publishing process. You can read the blog post on So Many Books, So Little Time.
‘What my editor, Jane, helped me to do was tease out some of the story elements that were lurking in the background, almost as if I was adjusting the equalizer settings on a stereo, toning up certain aspects such as: the relationships between the characters, the world of the story, and some of the darker, more magical elements. What I have learnt from this is that a writer needs to be very clear about how they want their story to be so they can justify its content when challenged. Having a good working relationship with an editor is key and I was very lucky to be able to work with Jane who helped me see things about my manuscript I had not noticed before’ – Rupert Wallis
S&S blog schedule:
- 27th Jan – Fiction Fascination (1024 / 1448 Twitter) – Rupert on writing The Dark Inside
- 28th Jan – The Book Babblers (4296 Twitter) – Madeleine Milburn on discovering the book
- 29th Jan –Feeling Fictional (1165 / 2393 Twitter) – Jane Griffiths on editing The Dark Inside
- 30th Jan – So Many Books, So Little Time (801 / 762 Twitter) – Rupert on the publishing process as an author
- 31st Jan – Once Upon a Bookcase (651 /809 Twitter) – Paul on designing the cover for The Dark Inside
- 1st Feb – Wondrous Reads (1689 / 4856 Twitter) – Kat on marketing a book like The Dark Inside
- 2nd Feb –Books For Company (2182 / 998 Twitter) – Blogger questions and answers from Rupert