We are a literary agency in the UK always looking for new writers. Madeleine Milburn will personally look at everything that is submitted according to the guidelines below. We also review self-published and established authors.
We receive between twenty and fifty submissions each day so it is extremely important that you follow our submission criteria. This will illustrate that you have researched the agency and are serious about a long-term writing career.
We review all submissions by email. Please send your work to: email@example.com. We no longer accept submissions by post – these will not be considered or returned. Please follow the instructions below:
- Please put your name and the title of your manuscript in the subject line of the email, for example Abigail Bond THE FLIGHT
- Please send a professional email introducing your work in the same way that you would write a formal covering letter. Do include information about yourself that is relevant to the work you are submitting.
- Attach a one or two page synopsis and the first three chapters ONLY of the manuscript. There should only be two attachments. Please do not send multiple emails.
- The manuscript and synopsis should either be in Word or PDF format and must be 1.5 or double spaced and contain page numbers. Please check the spelling before sending.
- Please DO NOT send an introductory email asking if we would like to see your work. We will review everything that comes in if these guidelines are followed.
Due to the high volume of submissions, we are not able to offer feedback to individuals unless we are considering representation. Film & TV scripts are handled for our established clients only.
Remember a literary agent – author relationship is like a marriage so the quality of your manuscript may be extremely high, but we have to personally fall in love with your work to offer representation.